Sunday, September 11, 2005

DIVINE

That's the name of a place I went to last night
This was after a yummy Vietnamese dinner.
It's a posh drinking place which is littered with Art Nouveau objects - from its furniture right up to the painted ceilings!
It also reminds me of an opera house, with the excessive gold and brass that one can see.
Along with the opera-like box seats around the perimeter of the place.
But, that's not what caught me by surprise.
I've been there once before, but I was merely passing through and thought to try a proper visit another time.
Hence the visit last night.

Being our first proper visit, my friend and I were greeted by a lady who wore a glittery-silver fairy outfit.
Yes, you read it right - a FAIRY outfit.
And no, it's not Christmas, I know.
More of why that costume later.

We were shown to our seats by the Fairy-lady.
We picked out a bottle of wine.
She then informed us - being our first time - that she would be 'flying' to get our wine.
That statement didn't register on either my friend's or my mind.
And we thought she was merely playing along with her themed outfit.

We were wrong.
After a few minutes, I heard some machinery working, and I turned to that direction.
In fact, everyone else there did.
I saw our Fairy being lifted up by 2 cables (one on each side of her), and if we ignored the cables, it did look as if she was flying!

WHAT a sight.
It was only then that I noticed that she was 'flying' towards a massive wine-chiller.
And that wine-chiller was actually stretching from the roof of the bar-counter at the bottom and it extended all the way to the top of the already-high ceiling!
It was OUR wine she was getting.
Wow.
I will go there armed with a camera the next time.
It's gotta be seen to be believed!

1 Comments:

Blogger raya said...

Hahaha, What a sight! You'd definitely need a camara.

12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home