Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Spinal tap

Or should I say, it was more of a push and a shove.
I am talking about my visit to see the Chinese 'tui-na' physician.
I haven't had time to have a follow-up session with my physician after a couple of treatments since early May.
Strictly speaking, such sessions usually means I can't really do any form of exercise for around 3 weeks per visit, as a recommendation.

(I have temporarily stopped Yoga because of that reason.)
Which means no Salsa either.
No can-do.


So, I finally decided that after a couple of months of avoiding such a visit, it was about time to get my spine checked again.
This time, there was less to be 'fixed', but boy, was it painful!
My tailbone had been mis-aligned (there was pain felt initially at a particular spot), and just a couple of quick (but painful!) movements by the Chinese physician, and the pain suddenly vanished.

There are some skeptics around that say all this is just an 'act'.
I was once a skeptic too, but am totally convinced 'tui-na' and acupuncture treatments truly work.
Not that I recommend anyone to try these! Ha.

Personal spinal problem aside, I just heard from a friend yesterday that he has also hurt his back.
It was from lifting something heavy and using the wrong part of his body to do so.
Apparently, he is feeling numbness on his back and legs now.
Sounds serious.
Will keep you posted on what had happened to him, after his doctor's diagnosis.

I keep learning new things everyday.
Such a description of a back injury is also new to me.
Isn't life somewhat interesting (for want of a better word)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home