Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Nerves

Salsa class last night was the best yet!
All the ladies managed to have a dance-partner each to practice with at one time.
I tested my new heels out on the dance-floor where we have our lessons.
Although they were brilliant for the turns (I even got praised), I slipped a few times doing other non-spinning moves!
I guess the soles were too slippery and didn't have any grip whatsoever.
In short, they weren't made for dancing.

I noticed that my lady-coursemates are starting to have proper dance shoes now.
I must do something about my dance footwear too.

I also noticed that these ladies are improving their dancing.
It seems that they have been practising their dance moves at the social club.
I am ashamed...

And another thing I found out was my instructor has been watching my dance moves more often than not.
THAT has made me nervous, because a few times, I noticed it was the little mistakes of mine that he had been pointing out to everyone, although not mentioning who had made them.
It was to the extent that a dance-partner made the comment that I was visibly shaking although I hadn't realised that I was!

It's not that I don't appreciate my instructor's efforts.
In fact, I couldn't be happier that he could see my enthusiasm as a learner(!), not to mention I would like to be moderately good in due course.
At least good enough to keep progressing to the end of the Intermediate level (there are 4 modules of this), and perhaps beyond.
The thing with me is: generally, when I'm focused at doing something, I don't care if the roof of the place falls down.
But once my concentration is broken, I mess up.
Oh well, guess I have to get used to being watched (be it on or off the dance-floor in due course).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home