Sunday, July 17, 2005

Dress hunt

I went dress hunting today.
Knowing how difficult it is for me to buy any dresses that fit me, I didn't harbour much hope of finding any.
So I was delighted at being able to come away with a couple, although I tried many before I settled on the two I got.
I am more suited to clothes made according to European-sizing and cut, so while I was in the UK, there was no problem of finding clothes that fitted me well.
Made even more delightful when I could wear the smallest sizes and found them aplenty during summer sales!
Unfortunately, it's the reverse here.
Clothes that I like either do not fit me well or those in my size have run out.

Then again, I had problems buying shoes previously.
In the UK, I had to get the smallest adult size, but even that sometimes was still a little too big for me.
In many instances, I ended up getting children's footwear (tax-free).
In Singapore, I'm able to find footwear - no problem.
So I guess the saying "you win some and you lose some" has an element of truth in this case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home