Thursday, July 14, 2005

Another thing I learnt about myself

Had an interesting day today.
It started being rather normal.
But come afternoon, emails to and from my boss were flying in cyberspace.
This was all because I was trying to inform him of my intent to collect some office stationery during office hours tomorrow.

You see, the laser printer has run out of toner.
And I have some administrative things to print out and sign, ready for collection via courier on Monday.
Seeing as I have a packed weekend, that means I can't pick up the toner that I ordered over the weekend.
And being work-related, I felt it was fair that I asked for time out.
Especially when I specified I was going to head out for mid or late afternoon, after I've done almost a day's work.

Anyway, my boss ended up speaking to me.
And said that I should be clearer in my email-clarifications.
I was, but didn't think to add that maybe he could've read the emails a little more carefully.
I suspected that he was reading only key words (in a hurry) that might have triggered his own confusion.

All being said, I wasn't feeling - not even at the very slightest - irritated by that short exchange.
In fact, I couldn't have felt any better!
Want to know why?
Well, as long as my desired outcome is met, it doesn't matter what has been said to me or about me, does it?

That is what I've learnt about myself today.
And that's from being a hot-headed little missy that I once was when I was younger.
I think I should open a bottle of red wine to celebrate.
And before anyone starts to go "tsk tsk tsk, what an alcoholic", do let me add that a new bottle has to be opened for tonight anyway.
My parents like to have their glass of red wine every night with their light supper.
How perfect. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home