Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Miss Humpty Dumpty...

...had a spectacular fall.

Yup, I was unprepared for the complicated new moves and the speed at which the moves were to be carried out at last night's Salsa dance class.
Coupled by the fact that I was unused to my new dance shoes.

The shoes helped me do my spins very well.
Unfortunately, the heels are so new that the surface is smooth.
With the wooden flooring, that made me slide at times when I wasn't careful.
That was another problem why I fell - my legs entangled themselves after one such slip, and before I knew it, my bum was polishing the floor.
All I could say to everyone was, "I am having too much fun, that's why".
Ha.

I felt fine, and so I carried on with my class.
In fact, my spins were executed pretty well (thanks to the new shoes), to the extent that not just my instructor, but also an advanced-level dance 'helper' said so.
Makes me now more determined to get the basics right.
Which my instructor (thankfully!) is strict about.

He has said that no matter how many different moves we end up learning, if our basic technique isn't there, we won't dance well anyway.
And similarly, being a trained musician myself, I can relate to that.

Am gonna sort out those darn heels by the end of the week, before my next Salsa class.
In the meantime, Miss Humpty Dumpty signs off...to get her spine checked out.
Again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home