Sunday, July 31, 2005

In training

My job has given me the opportunity to take on different roles in different areas.

And this time around, I was asked to train a trainer.

On the whole, it has been a good experience.
The rapport was there, and the trainer-trainee was very receptive.
I foresee the start of a great working relationship with this trainee, in this next project that I will act as consultant for.

For those friends who have been reading my blogs regularly, I do apologise for not blogging in the last few days.
Other than having had to conduct training for a couple of days last week, I had also been busy working on a big report for my organisation.
This report is for some important stakeholders (and I mean MEGA-important!), so I had to really pull out all the stops to produce a decent piece of work.
Now it's almost done (with still some bits to go), and I aim to complete it soon.

Work aside, life is still interesting.
On Friday, I received a lovely surprise - a phone call from a good friend, who asked if he has missed my birthday.
And I'm talking about someone who has a busy life to lead too.
How kind and thoughtful!

[And for those who were wondering if I had my birthday already, the answer is "no".] :o)

Anyway, that same Friday evening, I had to attend a business function.
Met a number of acquaintences and business associates there.
Although there was food and a free flow of drinks, I only stayed for about 45 minutes (enough time to make my presence felt and have a glass of red wine, before I excused myself to meet another friend).

At the business function, I had my face drawn as a treat.
That was fun.
I ended up looking like Dumbo (big ears!) with flatteringly nice eyes (someone else said that).
I am not complaining, as it was cartoon drawing after all - all for a bit of fun!
:o)

As I said, my friend and I had made plans to meet up for dinner and drinks.
We spent the evening at my favourite watering hole after dinner, and my friend basically wanted a listening ear.

And on Saturday, I had made an appointment to get some financial advice.
This was for retirement planning.
Although I would like to have the option to retire by 45, I was more realistic (just that little bit - haha) and offered my financial advisor 50 years old as the targetted age for retirement.
Considering my current situation and how much I would like to spend monthly when I retire, I still have some way to go yet.

Enter my friend's business proposal - how timely!

Gotta end my blogging here - hair appointment and shopping awaits! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home