Friday, October 14, 2005

Funny things that the body does

A cause for celebration is: my right eyelid has finally stopped twitching!
Ha.
A quick search on the Internet revealed that fatigue, stress and caffeine are possible causes for the eyelid to twitch.
I can relate to the first two causes, of course, but the bit about the caffeine is definitely not applicable.
Considering I only have one cup of either tea or coffee per day, I don't think that's excessive.

Frankly, I didn't know that stress and fatigue can make your body do funny things.
In the last few weeks, I've suffered from insomnia, broken sleep, etc.
Not to mention a rare attack of eczema in the past week, on top of getting the twitching right eyelid.
The only other 2 occasions I got eczema was when I was undergoing extreme stress when I was in the UK.
And strangely enough, I have noticed that all these signs and symptoms tend to surface only immediately after a stressful period is over.

Actually, I felt physically and mentally strong during the tough times I had, in relation to my most recent case.
So I hadn't thought that the body would 'collapse', post-ordeal.
I suppose I had unknowingly exhausted the body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home